Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Shopify Tax Inclusive and MYOB Items

Hi All,

We need to change our Shopify Products to show the tax inclusive prices.  To do so, we have created a bulk update that we will apply to those products and enable the "Prices Include Tax" option in Shopify.

Now we have the same products as items in MYOB which were also Tax Exclusive and have a lot of historical sales recorded against those items.

Is there any impact on the MYOB side by now updating those items to have a new price and activating the "Sell Price Inclusive" flag on the item?  i.e. will this only apply moving forward or it could impact previous tax treatment of those items?

(We use OneSaaS to sync Shopify and AccountRight)

Thanks,

John

• Hi rocketstreem 

This change will only apply to the transactions going forward. All the previous transactions should retain the settings that were on at that time. If you have any concerns, I would recommend taking a backup of your file before changing the items to tax inclusive. 

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi rocketstreem 

This change will only apply to the transactions going forward. All the previous transactions should retain the settings that were on at that time. If you have any concerns, I would recommend taking a backup of your file before changing the items to tax inclusive. 

Let me know if you have any questions on this.