Forum Discussion

Turtlewitnohome
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago

Inventory questions

Hello all

We are trialing inventory on approx 40 items to workout MYOB and our own processes.

I have a few questions

1. Is there a way receive all items on a Purchae order without manually entering every qty?

2. Is there a way to display the on hand qty on Sales - Orders?  You dont appear to be able to selct the colum displayed.

3. Is there a way to display the Item code in the to do list?  It shows the Name and Supplier but no Item number (What I wiould call the Part number.)

4. Can you go into negative stock when entering a Sales invoice?  I have got as far as either having to select Build/Buy/Back Order.  My concern here when we are entering a sales invoice for a cash sale at the front counter if we encounter a "stock issue" we would still like to get an invoice entered so the customer can head off and we can sort the stock issue in our own time.  My solution for this was to enter front counter cash sales as Sales -orders and print as an invoice.  Then convert once the sale is complete.

I'm sure there be more questions

Thanks in advance, John

Turtlewitnohome
    Experienced Cover User

Hello MYOB, maybe you could answer some of these questions.

Thanks JOhn 

Turtlewitnohome
    Experienced Cover User

Another queston

When I am doing and inventory adjustment for a first time item, which we already have product of, should the Unit Cost be entered as ex GST or inc GST?

Thanks JOhn 

Turtlewitnohome
      Experienced Cover User

I've just had quick scroll through the forum and it seems the majority of questions aren't even being answered by MYOB staff.  

Most seem to go through without any comment or answer from them.

Eg I posted a question 1 week ago about inventory and not one response from an MYOB employee.  Now on the 3rd page with little hope of receiving an answer.

Please pick your game up MYOB, imagine if we all starting calling.  Much easier for you to answer our questions here in a timely manner.

John

Liz_A
      Valued User

Hi Turtlewitnohome 

Yes, I find it frustrating as well. I posted in May about a rounding error on payroll clearing for a client and reconciliation corruption for super clearing a week ago and haven't heard a peep on either.

Cheers

Liz

• Hi Turtlewitnohome 

While MYOB does moderate this MYOB Community Forum it is designed as a community-driven forum. This does mean at times that you may not get an MYOB Moderator response. If you are solely looking for an MYOB Support answer, then we would recommend getting in touch with our Live Chat team available through our Contact Us page. For more information on MYOB's involvement in this MYOB Community Forum please see the MYOB Community Forum Rules of Participation.

To directly answer your questions:

1. Quantities do need to be entered onto the purchase to receive items into stock. If you do have multiple items these do need to be entered individually there is no bulk received option.

2. The quantity on hand for an item is displayed in the drop list when selecting the item:

3. The To Do list is a set value of records. Currently, the item number is not able to be pulled from the item record - only the item name.

4. AccountRight will not allow you to go into negative stock. You would be looking at seeing if third-party addons can allow for that.