Forum Discussion

Melsy
Partner
4 years ago
Solved

Notes on Capture App

When adding a note on the Capture App where does it go? When I open the Intray in AR I cannot see the note anywhere?? My client has been adding notes and we cannot seem to find them when we open them up in the Online file

• Hi Melsy 

The MYOB Capture app will allow the user to enter a note when capturing that document. This note is added to the comment field on an AccountRight company file when a bill transaction is generated and will appear in the Memo field for Spend Money transactions. The note will not appear in the actual in Tray.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Melsy 

The MYOB Capture app will allow the user to enter a note when capturing that document. This note is added to the comment field on an AccountRight company file when a bill transaction is generated and will appear in the Memo field for Spend Money transactions. The note will not appear in the actual in Tray.

Melsy
      Partner

Thank you very much. I will pass this on to my client

Michele_Clifton
      Cover User

Hi Steven,

I am using AccountRight Plus 2020.2.2.  A staff member has advised me he has been adding notes to his capture receipts for over a month.  These tranasctions are recorded in Spend Money, however, contrary to your previous advice the notes are not appearing in Memo Field or anywhere else.  Any solutions for this issue would be appreciated. 

Kind regards,

Michele

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Michele_Clifton 

When you have the document in the In Tray what actions do you take? Do you use the Create Spend Money or Link to Existing Spend Money?

If you use the Link to Existing Spend Money, the Memo of the transaction will be the one set when that transaction was initially created and will not include the notes entered via the Capture app. 

If you are using the Create Spend Money option, the notes will be populated in the Memo field. If you are experiencing a different situation we would need to see a screenshot of the notes and that of how the transaction appears within the AccountRight application prior to selecting the Supplier.