Forum Discussion

MishPony
Contributing User
17 days ago

Online and Desktop templates

I can see there was a semi-answer to my first question in March 2023; but I'm wanting to know if there's a way to recreate the (nice looking) online sales template to the (currently horrible looking) desktop template. I find the desktop template editor not user friendly at all; and now we have turned on online payments the desktop template is not fit for purpose. My finance officer uses the desktop app exclusively and asking her to switch to the online app just to send invoices is ridiculous.

Also - we have this long list of no longer used Desktop templates that we are not able to delete. Is there any way to remove: 

Pre-Printed Invoice
Plain Paper Invoice
MPS-INCIIPLN-2009 MYOB M-Powered Tax Inclusive
MPS-EXIIPLN-2009 MYOB M-Powered Tax Exclusive
INCIPLN-2009 Tax Inclusive Plain Paper Inv
INCIIPRE-2009 Tax Inclusive Pre-Printed Inv

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MishPony,

I appreciate your post. Standard templates can't be removed, and this is for a good reason. To make things quicker, you can set a default layout for each type of transaction, like invoices, by going to print or email, then advanced settings. Here, you can select the invoice layout at the top and the custom form at the bottom. Each customer can have a unique invoice layout. You can set this up in the selling details on the card, set a default layout, and then choose a custom form. For setting them as a general default, I suggest you check out this Help Article: Personalizing Invoices for the desktop version and Working with PDF Template for the browser version. It has all the steps and detailed information you might need to do it successfully.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella