Forum Discussion

Cxpril's avatar
Cxpril
User
4 years ago

Purchase import data error

Hi,

 

I tried to import data to MYOB, importlog shows there is a summary error with invalid amount. Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? Thanks

  • Hi Cxpril 

     

    Typically, that import error means that the amount listed in the transactions doesn't match up to the calculated amount. In your case, I've added some additional columns to that report that should allow for that purchase to be imported. 

    As you have not defined a tax code in the transaction, I've added to FRE. You will need to make sure that you do have the appropriate tax code listed and that the Tax amount listed in the import file matches the calculated amount of that tax code and the Amount includes that tax code amount.  For example, $53.45 + $0.00 = $53.45 (FRE being a $0 tax code).

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Cxpril 

     

    Typically, that import error means that the amount listed in the transactions doesn't match up to the calculated amount. In your case, I've added some additional columns to that report that should allow for that purchase to be imported. 

    As you have not defined a tax code in the transaction, I've added to FRE. You will need to make sure that you do have the appropriate tax code listed and that the Tax amount listed in the import file matches the calculated amount of that tax code and the Amount includes that tax code amount.  For example, $53.45 + $0.00 = $53.45 (FRE being a $0 tax code).

    • Cxpril's avatar
      Cxpril
      User

      Hi Steven,

       

      Thanks for your help. I noticed that when import data contains billed and received, there are always some errors. I tried to export data from my existing purchase bills, and found billed 1 received 37 (I entered billed 1, received 1 in my purchase bill). I am wondering how MYOB identify the received quantity. Thank you!

      • Steven_M's avatar
        Steven_M
        Former Staff

        Hi Cxpril 

         

        The import log indicates what is causing the errors with those import records. In this case:

        Error -25: Invalid amount.
        Error 0: Unexpected import error - Item is null or not purchased item!

         

        Error -25: Invalid amount.
        Just testing the import file it does correctly import into my company file without the quote marks contained around the currency values. As such, the recommendation would be to open the file in NotePad and do a find and replace to replace the quote marks with nothing. This should remove those quote marks from the amounts so it can be imported without them.

         

        Error 0: Unexpected import error - Item is null or not purchased item!

        You have extra lines at the bottom of the import file, these are attempting to be read by AccountRight as separate transactions and thus is expecting information. As it is not able to find those amounts, it is throwing an error. Remove those extra lines prior to import and it should resolve that one.