Forum Discussion

Valy
Experienced User
7 days ago

Refund to a customer for double payment of invoice

Hello, I need help with issuing a refund. 

A customer paid an invoice in July and then made a double payment in August. I applied this extra payment to the closed invoice, creating a credit. Now, when I try to process the refund, it only creates a credit but the customer wants the money back in their bank account, not as a credit. 

How can I set up a bank file to process this refund? (I've already added the customer's bank details to a supplier card.)

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Valy,

Sounds like you're on the right track by creating a credit to handle the extra payments. To process a refund for the double payment and ensure the customer receives the money back in their bank account, you'll need to go to the "Returns & Credit" tab, find the credit note, and hit "Pay Refund." After processing the refund, go to Banking > Prepare Electronic Payments and select the refund transaction to create a bank file. For more info, please check out this Help article: Customer Overpayments.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

Valy
      Experienced User

Hello Princess, thanks for the reply. I did just that and clicked on the Pay refund, however going to Banking/ Prepare Electronic Payments, there is no transaction for me to do a bank file, what I am missing here?

• You need to choose a clearing account in MYOB when "pay refund" then use "spend money" to record the transaction by choosing that clearing account.

You will see the transaction from "prepare electronic payments" window after.