Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

Text box on customised statements

I have created a customised statement for our company. I now need to edit the text box I have added with our bank details. I have positioned the text box in bold over the big table that consists of date, invoice no, description, charges, payments and balance. Everytime I click inside the text box, it highlights the table (coloumns) behind. Does not let me edit my text box. In fact all I really want to do is move and resize it on the statement. Can someone please help. Thank you

• Hi Plumbrite 

From the screenshot it does appear that you have the table in front of that text box, so when you are attempting to select the text box you are actually selecting the table. 

I way I view the situation you have two options if you want to select/update that text box information:

• Option 1: Select the table and use the Arrange option to Send to Back. This should bring the text box forward so you can update the record. You may want to send the text box back to the back when finished

• Option 2: Reduce the size of the table (dragging the square box at the bottom of the table upwards) to reveal the text box before updating. You might want to drag the table down again.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Plumbrite 

From the screenshot it does appear that you have the table in front of that text box, so when you are attempting to select the text box you are actually selecting the table. 

I way I view the situation you have two options if you want to select/update that text box information:

• Option 1: Select the table and use the Arrange option to Send to Back. This should bring the text box forward so you can update the record. You may want to send the text box back to the back when finished

• Option 2: Reduce the size of the table (dragging the square box at the bottom of the table upwards) to reveal the text box before updating. You might want to drag the table down again.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Plumbrite
      User

Steven M,

Thank you very much. I choose option 1 and worked a treat. Thank you for you help. I really do appreciate it