Forum Discussion

Monicka11
Contributing User
3 years ago

Third party cash sale entries and reconciliation

Hello everyone,

I am really hoping you would be able to help me to find the best way to reconcile sale entries between MYOB and a third party booking platform called Rezdy. We are currently using Rezdy to book diving and snorkelling trips to the Great Barrier Reef. We then take the daily sales reports from Rezdy and enter them into MYOB as Cash sales for that day, some clients might pay with Paypal which we then are able to receipt against the sales. However, with Rezdy it's more complicated as we receive payout settlement remittance once a week for the week but not all bookings we entered into MYOB for that day go ahead due to weather conditions and other factors (perhaps not enough numbers for the boat ride) . I am looking for a best way to be able to reconcile these transactions. Paypal transactions against the sales is reconciled using the statement and creates no issues but Rezdy doesn't provide a bank statement and reconciling is almost impossible. 

Thank you so much for any suggestions how I could make my life easier.

:)

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi 

Its a bit difficult - what do you want to achieve. Which system do you want to reconcile?

I take it that the paypal payments are in the bank daily but the rezdy payments are only done weekly? Am I correct?

You could just simply enter all the payments to the bank account in MYOB directly as sales ( or if they take a commission grossed up sales less commission taken)and reconcile the rezdy account to ensure that all expected payments have been made.

OR

You can enter the daily sales into MYOB from Rezdy as an invoice for the day. You can save as a recurring transaction.

Then as you receive paypal and rezdy payments into your bank you can apply them against the relevant invoice.by receiving payments against the invoice.

You can make any adjustments to the daily invoices for trips not taken etc by either amending the invoice or creating a credit for them and appling to the invoice

Hope that helps

Lisa

Monicka11
      Contributing User

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your prompt response.

You are correct in saying that the Paypal transactions are received in the Paypal account daily and hence we have to enter the sales each day despite knowing that Rezdy won't be correct at the end of the week. I like your suggestion to make adjusments to the entries I've entered during the week once we get the rezdy payout report. Rezdy is set up as an asset account and they receipt the deposits that we get into our bank against Rezdy Pay and that's what makes it so hard to reconcile and make adjustments as you suggested. I think that it would be better for me when the payout figure sits in the bankfeed to click spend money and bring up the cash sales and apply the amount, record the commision and make an adjustment at the same time. What do you think Lisa. :)

Thank you,

Monika 

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi Monika,

When you say this:

Rezdy is set up as an asset account and they receipt the deposits that we get into our bank against Rezdy Pay and that's what makes it so hard to reconcile and make adjustments as you suggested.

Do you mean that the sales are coded to the asset account in your GL ?

eg

The week

Mon

6 trips booked @ $ 20 =$120

Tues

5 @$20 = $100

Wed 

20 @ $20= $400

thur

10@ $20 = $200

fri 

5 @ $20 = $100

You record an invoice for rezdy coded to the asset account for each day

M  $120

T  $100

W $ 400

T $200

F $100

Total $920

So the Rezdy asset account has $920 sitting in it

So when you receive the money on friday  you receive  $828 from Rezdy

Lets say they take out 10% commission ( $92)

So at present you have produced 5 invoices for the week that equal $920

In you bank feed you have received $828 payment 

You could then enter a credit note for Rezdy from Sales and code against commission ( if there are other fees etc you code those here) that totals $92

So from the bank feed ( or receive money in sales) you Receive payments

Select Rezdy as the customer 

You should get a warning about the credit note which tells you that you can apply it to an invoice or automatically.

Receive all and the total  should match the bank feed.

So therefore you reconcile the Rezdy asset account as it has paid you the $960 ( less GST)as expected and you have accounted for the commission expense for using their platform for $92( less GST )

At the time of creating the credit note you can also account for any cancelled/refunded trips by allocating them to the rezdy asset account therefore reducing the balance.

Paypal if it is part of the rezdy invoice should be treated the same way, i.e. received against the invoice less any commission etc

Hope that this helps and I have understood correctly

Lisa 

LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

If you press on my  I'd a few icons come up and send message is on the bottom

Otherwise if you are happy to just attach some reports to a reply you can do that

lisa