Forum Discussion

EBH210
User
10 months ago
Solved

Loss of entries in Bank Reconciliation

Has anyone ever had a bulk loss of entries on a Reconciliation?  I have entered and reconciled and account and printed off the reconciliation so I know that everything for a 3 month period was entered on the correct account and the account reconciled.  Good thing I printed out the reconciliation.    

Several days later I noticed that the account no longer balanced.  When I went back through the account there was a full three months of entries gone.  The really strange thing is that those entries - in their corresponding accounts - are still there. eg. they show up where they were posted to, but not on the reconciliation.  The other weird thing is that when I went back to when the account commenced with a nil balance, there was a negative total, with no entries on the report.  How is that even possible?  I've never seen anything like this and I have been using MYOB for about 20 years.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Hi EBH210

Thanks for your response regarding this issue. I would like to take the time to thank you for staying with MYOB for many years. 

I'm sorry to hear about your reconciliation screen not showing all transactions. Generally, if the "Reconcile Accounts" screen is the only window where transactions are not seen, these transactions are more likely to be hidden.  I would suggest following these steps to make them appear.

1. Open Banking > Reconcile accounts window.
    2. Choose the correct account.
    3. Change the statement date to 31/12/9998.
    4. Mark all transactions checked. 
    5. Copy the Calculated Closing Balance to the Closing Statement Balance.
    6. Click the Reconcile button. 
    7. Undo reconciliation. 

After following these steps, the application will show all transactions that were previously missing. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Cheers,

Genreve 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi EBH210,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. Experiencing a bulk loss of entries in a reconciliation can be a concerning and puzzling issue. It's essential to investigate this situation carefully. Can you please Check Audit Trail or Transaction History: Begin by reviewing the audit trail or transaction history within your MYOB AccountRight. This can help you trace the changes made to the entries and identify any deletions or alterations.

Please let me know if you still need assistance with this. I'm happy to assist.
    Regards,
    Earl

EBH210
      User

Thanks for your reply.  I have checked the transaction history and all the entries are there.  when I check the other side of the transaction (where entries are posted to), they are all there. the only place where they seem to have disappeared is in the reconciliation.  I have puzzled over this and how to remedy it in order to reconcile the account.  If I put the entries in again, it will double up all my postings, GST etc.  I have no idea how to retrieve them to the reconciliation screen.  Any thoughts?

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi EBH210

Thanks for your response regarding this issue. I would like to take the time to thank you for staying with MYOB for many years. 

I'm sorry to hear about your reconciliation screen not showing all transactions. Generally, if the "Reconcile Accounts" screen is the only window where transactions are not seen, these transactions are more likely to be hidden.  I would suggest following these steps to make them appear.

1. Open Banking > Reconcile accounts window.
        2. Choose the correct account.
        3. Change the statement date to 31/12/9998.
        4. Mark all transactions checked. 
        5. Copy the Calculated Closing Balance to the Closing Statement Balance.
        6. Click the Reconcile button. 
        7. Undo reconciliation. 

After following these steps, the application will show all transactions that were previously missing. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Cheers,

Genreve