Forum Discussion

Fluidflo
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

total stock deletion

Hi Hoping someone can assist.

We use Accountright and have recently sold all of our inventory to a new owner. Is there a simple way of either entering an invoice which takes all of our stock or a way to delete all of our stock in one go.

It will take so long to do an itemized invoice as we have hundered of lines and we want to remove the stock from our MYOB programme.

The new owner has there own licence so we have transfered our file to them so they have the stock in their system.

Hope someone can assist, cheers Greg

• Hi Fluidflo 

In short - nope!!!

It all has to be done the long way, however, there are different ways of doing the same thing.

If you run a perpetual inventory then you are going to have to, somehow, zero these so that you can show you have sold them.

As you mention there is a long way - create an invoice - grr - ugly - but yes that is one way.

The different ways - oh there is no real short cutting if you want your books to be accurate.

You will have to look up how to do these depending on which method you use.

You cannot delete inventory items with stock or sales or purchase on them!!!  MYOB just will not let this happen.

And when they are all zero - you cannot even bulk update the inventory item number - to say - put a 'zz' in front of the number to sort them to the bottom. You can do a bulk update to set 'Inactive' flag to true - but alas - not change the name.

See another post of mine re this very subject!!

The methods (others may give you some different or altered views to my idea) - but these are all scenarios we see often posted to this forum.

MYOB perpetual inventory has some very good features but oh dear it has some nasty ones also!

My suggestions

1. Export your inventory current stock levels and current value - these are what MYOB will use to decrease to zero.

Now you can create an invoice and import the individual lines to build the ugly invoice - but I suspect a single fatal error may crash it.

2. Instead of an invoice do an inventory adjustment build in EXCEL (similar to an invoice) but an inventory adjustment - and post this to an account in 5-xxxxx - SOLD ALL ITEMS

It will be easier to fix any errors in this import than an invoice - I would do this in blocks of say 10 to start with - then blocks of 100 - 500 items.

Once this is done.

Do 1 invoice from the adjustment account to sales - then clean up any stragglers manually.

3.  3rd party apps that cleanup inventory

The Doc

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Fluidflo 

In short - nope!!!

It all has to be done the long way, however, there are different ways of doing the same thing.

If you run a perpetual inventory then you are going to have to, somehow, zero these so that you can show you have sold them.

As you mention there is a long way - create an invoice - grr - ugly - but yes that is one way.

The different ways - oh there is no real short cutting if you want your books to be accurate.

You will have to look up how to do these depending on which method you use.

You cannot delete inventory items with stock or sales or purchase on them!!!  MYOB just will not let this happen.

And when they are all zero - you cannot even bulk update the inventory item number - to say - put a 'zz' in front of the number to sort them to the bottom. You can do a bulk update to set 'Inactive' flag to true - but alas - not change the name.

See another post of mine re this very subject!!

The methods (others may give you some different or altered views to my idea) - but these are all scenarios we see often posted to this forum.

MYOB perpetual inventory has some very good features but oh dear it has some nasty ones also!

My suggestions

1. Export your inventory current stock levels and current value - these are what MYOB will use to decrease to zero.

Now you can create an invoice and import the individual lines to build the ugly invoice - but I suspect a single fatal error may crash it.

2. Instead of an invoice do an inventory adjustment build in EXCEL (similar to an invoice) but an inventory adjustment - and post this to an account in 5-xxxxx - SOLD ALL ITEMS

It will be easier to fix any errors in this import than an invoice - I would do this in blocks of say 10 to start with - then blocks of 100 - 500 items.

Once this is done.

Do 1 invoice from the adjustment account to sales - then clean up any stragglers manually.

3.  3rd party apps that cleanup inventory

The Doc