Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

$0 payrun all employees - auto created :-( ??? - how to delete.

I just was running a payroll for two termination pays, and very clear about only processing the individual employees, I completed these without issue and recorded them, but then in the pay-slips section - AN ENTIRE $0 payrun for all 117 employees has been created, I did not create this, or approve it, or submit this to the ATO (only the two small runs). But it's there, :-( - NOT HAPPY>  surely an easy way to delete??? 

Julie_A_C
    9 months ago

Hi NatalieC76 

I have had this happen before with one of my clients and unfortunately the only way we could get rid of them all was to go into each one and change the payslip delivery to already sent/printed.

4 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi NatalieC76,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

We’re sorry to know that you’re not happy with the zero dollar pay runs sitting on your STP report page. May we ask if you submitted an update event for STP reporting, cause possible reason for these zero dollars pay is when you are sending an update event to ATO. An update event is where you sync the payroll totals in MYOB with the figures held by the ATO. This is a quick way of ensuring the ATO has the current year-to-date payroll figures for your employees. You can send an update event in AccountRight for an employee by recording a $0 pay. This type of pay is also called void pay and it's like any other pay, but you'll enter zero for all hours and amounts. And there is no way we can delete it on the STP report page. 

You may have a look at this helpful article, view STP reports that have all the detailed information to guide you with this. If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella

NatalieC76
      User

HI Shella,

I may have submitted an update, - but not as part of the individual pay-run (That might just be when I noticed it). Interesting to note. I'll not send an UPDATE again.

The problem is that I now have all these VOID payslips for ZERO sitting in my E-mail pay-slips file and against each employee.

Surely I don't have to reverse each one, do a  false print of each oen to remove them?? 

Julie_A_C
        Partner

Hi NatalieC76 

I have had this happen before with one of my clients and unfortunately the only way we could get rid of them all was to go into each one and change the payslip delivery to already sent/printed.