Forum Discussion

gabisquestion
Experienced Cover User
10 months ago
Solved

Bae Hourly Rates - default a second BASE RATE for casuals

I want to be able to set up the REGULAR RATE MULTIPLIED BY  in a new Payroll Category for Casuals.  So that the base hourly is calculated correctly with the right allowances and pentalies for each sh...
    10 months ago

Hi gabisquestion,

Thanks for your post and my apologies for the late response. It's not possible to unlink the base hourly pay category because the system defaults to either linking the employee to the base salary or base hourly pay category. In your specific situation, if you wish to use a different pay category to replace the base hourly, it cannot be done.

You can indeed substitute the Base hourly pay category with a different one. To achieve this, you'll just need to link the employee on the base hourly pay category that they will use in paying the employee and you should zero out the amount for the base hourly pay category in the standard pay details within the employee card file. However, please note that even after making this change, the base hourly pay category will still appear when processing the pay run. Additionally, if you have already processed the pay run using the original base hourly pay category and it has year-to-date (YTD) amounts, those amounts will be displayed on the employee's pay slip.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl