Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Client paid random payroll amount now the feeds don't match

Client was in a hurry and just processed a random amount to one of the staff as I hadn't processed the payroll.  How do I match up/allocate the amounts so that they go to the correct accounts.

• Hi Ronette 

Thanks for your post. You will need to process a pay for the amount that was actually paid. Then process an adjustment pay for the underpaid or overpaid amount.

This help article has instructions for handling overpayments and underpayments: Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ronette 

Thanks for your post. You will need to process a pay for the amount that was actually paid. Then process an adjustment pay for the underpaid or overpaid amount.

This help article has instructions for handling overpayments and underpayments: Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Ronette
      User

How does that work for STP reporting?  I've already submitted the files to the ATO.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Ronette 

STP updates the YTD amounts each time a report is sent and each report overrides the previous one. So if you need to reverse and reprocess a pay, the YTD amounts are updated in AccountRight and in STP.

You can check the YTD amounts reported through STP are correct by comparing the AccountRight reports with the YTD verification report.