Forum Discussion

PKDS
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Employee changed from hourly to salary

I had an employee workingg on hourly basis, who is now paid on Salary basis. I am unable to untick the base hourly pay category in employee's card which results in calculating its pay incorrectly when processing the wages. It caculates the hourly based on the default hours plus the salary assigned.

How can I remove the Base hourly category from employee's card.

I have done tjis in the past without any issues

i am using the latest version of AccountRight.

Please help

• Hi PKDS

Thanks for posting again. 

If we already recorded timesheets in any of the pay categories, we are unable to untick them anymore. At this point, I would suggest changing the pay basis from hourly to salary, adding a new pay category for base salary, and filling out the annual salary amount. After that, we could go to the Standard Pay tab and edit the hours to zero for the base hourly. 

Let us know if you require any other assistance. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

9 Replies

• Hi PKDS 

Thanks for your post. In the employee card>>Payroll Details tab>>Wages>>change the Pay Basis field to Salary. This will automatically deselect the Base Hourly payroll category and select the Base Salary payroll category.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

PKDS
      Contributing User

Thanks for replying Tracey. This is how I usually change the pay categories for an employee. But in this case it doesnt work. I get this msg while trying to deselect 'Hourly Basis' 

" one or more payrol categories can not be deselected as they have been used on recorded timesheets"

and Hourl basis goes back to selected

PKDS
      Contributing User

It doesnt automatically deselct the "hourly "option. and when I try to deselect it (untick) I get this error msg

" one or more payrol categories can not be deselected as they have been used on recorded timesheets"