Forum Discussion

maarge
User
3 years ago
Solved

Minimum Hours for a casual worker.

I have an employee who is a casual and works between 5-10 hours a week. I have made his Employment Basis Casual and Employment Category Temporary on the Payroll/Personal Details of his card.

In the wages sescion of his card his Pay Baasis is Hourly and Pay Frequency Weekly. But then in Hours in a Weekly Pay Period, it requites a number > 0.

If I put in the minimum number, say 1, it will add this to any hours that have been entered via his timesheet.

To me this seems to be incorrect. If he is casual, he doesn't have minimum hours in a week. If his timesheet says 5hrs, that's what should be calculated, not 6 hours.

What am I doing wrong please?

Appreciate your thoughts - thanks

Marge

• Hi maarge,

Thank you for your post. 

The software does require the 'Hours in a Weekly Pay Period' field to have a value entered against it in order to save the window, however, once you enter a value in this field, you can navigate to the 'Standard pay' tab in the employee card and place a zero in the Base Hourly field and press save. This ensures only the hours you enter on your timesheet flow through. 

Let me know if you require further assistance with this, happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi maarge,

Thank you for your post. 

The software does require the 'Hours in a Weekly Pay Period' field to have a value entered against it in order to save the window, however, once you enter a value in this field, you can navigate to the 'Standard pay' tab in the employee card and place a zero in the Base Hourly field and press save. This ensures only the hours you enter on your timesheet flow through. 

Let me know if you require further assistance with this, happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.