Forum Discussion

LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

multiple wage expense account

Hello

Is it possible to have a single pay run for an employee that has two different payroll expense accounts connected to it? 

We use different wage expense accounts for different types of employees.  (We also use job codes for different employees to further deliniate them).

I know how to set up the usual expense account for each employee in their card file. 

However, some pay runs an employee may actually work as 2 different wage expense accounts.  Is this possible? 

Thanks

Lani

• LaniOUP 

Because Base Hourly and Base Salary are cardinal categories they cannot be changed or deleted.

You must create new wage categories.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

LaniOUP 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Yes you can have more than one Wages Expense Account for the one employee, in fact you can have quite a few if you want.

You set them uo when you setup the wage category.

When you setup the Wage Category there is a tick box for "Override Employees Wage Expense Account".

Tick this and then enter the new account.

LaniOUP
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Graeme

So that will give me the option when processing a pay run to have multiple wage expense accounts in that particular employees pay run?  

GDay53
        Ultimate Partner

LaniOUP 

As an example say you had a employee that worke normally at location A but also at location B.

You would keep the Base Hourly for location A and create a new Wage Category called something like Base hourly B and tick the override box and enter a different account #.

When you do the pay run that employee worked the normal 38hr but did 8 of those hours at location B, so Base Hourly would have 30 hrs and Base Hourly B 8 hrs.