Forum Discussion

SimoneClews
Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

overpayment of Holiday leave loading

I have noticed that I have overpaid holiday leave loading in early January 2022 for one of the staff members. (180.5 hours instead of 18.5)

The staff member can pay it back in instalments.

How do I process it?

Thank you

Simone

• Hi SimoneClews 

I would process a negative pay for 162 LL hours. Use a Payroll Clearing account as the pay from account. I would then transfer it to a Staff Loan aAcount on the Balance Sheet.

Are they going to pay it back as a payroll deduction, or will they be paying by EFT? If as a deduction, set up a  payroll deduction category allocateing  it to the Staff Loan account. Then in each paycheque, record the amount being deducted. If they are paying into bank, code the deposit to the Staff Loan Account.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    IanChait
    Ultimate Partner

Hi SimoneClews 

I would process a negative pay for 162 LL hours. Use a Payroll Clearing account as the pay from account. I would then transfer it to a Staff Loan aAcount on the Balance Sheet.

Are they going to pay it back as a payroll deduction, or will they be paying by EFT? If as a deduction, set up a  payroll deduction category allocateing  it to the Staff Loan account. Then in each paycheque, record the amount being deducted. If they are paying into bank, code the deposit to the Staff Loan Account.

SimoneClews
      Cover User

Thank you Ian,

Sorry for the late reply.

Can I complete the negative pay and then do a correct normal pay as 2 seperate transactions?

I think it would be easier to repay the funds via EFT. It will give her more control over her repayments.

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi SimoneClews 

Sorry to see that your second question was missed, happy to also offer my assistance.

Yes you can do a payrun with entirely negative pay. It will warn you and change the method to cash, but you can just click continue and proceed with the void (negative) payrun. 

if you have any further questions please let me know.