Forum Discussion

kel777
User
3 years ago
Solved

Pay reversal

Employee overpaid during pay run but electronic payment was stopped prior to actually being processed. 

The pay for that employee was reversed by the person who did the pay run.

The bank feed is showing the correct amount paid but is naturally not finding the matching transaction so I can’t reconcile it. 

STP is not yet setup (a deferment May be in place). I have only recently started working for this business and while I had used myob accountright for many years I am new to the online version. Any help greatly appreciated. 

• Thanks for the clarification 

Deleting the original electronic payment was the correct thing to do.

so when you go into electronic payments now you have the original payroll with the reversal of the incorrect pay and the new pay?

What you want is to make the payment by ticking all of them so that the total comes to the correct figure paid 

eg

First pay run $ 550

incorrect pay was $50 sbe $25

Therefore correct payroll should be $ 525

Electronic payments window should  show 

$550   (first pay run)

-$50  ( reversal of incorrect pay)

$25 ( corrected pay)

Total $525 - matches bank feed

Follow the process to record , it will produce a bank file but you can continue on - it doesn't matter if it has already been processed.. Process it as at 27/2 . All it will do is do the MYOB transaction so that you can match it in bank feeds

Hope this helps

Lisa

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi 

I am thinking that the payroll must be manually entered into the bank as the only way that the entry isn't appearing is that it wasn't uploaded from MYOB.

Firstly I am assuming that the payroll transaction you are trying to reconcile  in bank feeds was a single transaction.

Was the reversed payroll entry reentered correctly?

Try this :

From the bank feed screen go into reconcile ( bottom left hand corner)

Can you find the transaction/ transactions in there in there?

I am thinking that there may be two transactions for the payroll there perhaps

See what you find 

Are there two entries? 

You may need to delete the electronic payment entry and redo it so it matches.

Hope this helps

Lisa

• Hi kel777 

Thanks for your post. A second pay for the correct amount should have been processed, which would then appear to be matched in bank feeds. 

If you're using the newer MYOB Essentials, check in the Prepare electronic payments window. If the second pay transaction is there, tick the transaction and click on Download bank file to process the electronic payment transaction, you can then match that electronic payment transaction with the bank feed. You don't need to upload the bank file to the bank as payment has already been made.

In the Prepare electronic payments window you will also need to tick the original pay transaction and the reversal transaction then click on Download bank file. This will clear those transactions from that window.

If you're using the original MYOB Essentials, locate the second pay transaction and check that it was posted to the correct bank account.

If you have further issues with this please let me know which software you are using so that I can assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

kel777
      User

I need to clarify a few things first I think: 

1. Accountright Plus DesktopV2022.2

2. The payroll (with the incorrect pay dated 27/2) was processed electronically and a bank file created. 

3. My boss cancelled the bank file before bank processed (at bank end). Adjusted manually and paid. 

4. He then entered a reversal but did not electronically process. 

5. The bank feed shows correct payment. 

6. In the bank reconciliation it shows only the incorrect total as he didnt electronically process the reversal. 

7. I inadvertently deleted the electronic payment through the bank rec window.

8. When I now go into prepare elec payments, the pay run for 27/2 is there, amount is correct with the reversal included. 

9. I dont want to pay them again but need to run the payment through MYOB without it re-entering all the journals. 

I hope this makes sense, I am old school dont use electronic payments much/ever :) THANK YOU

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Thanks for the clarification 

Deleting the original electronic payment was the correct thing to do.

so when you go into electronic payments now you have the original payroll with the reversal of the incorrect pay and the new pay?

What you want is to make the payment by ticking all of them so that the total comes to the correct figure paid 

eg

First pay run $ 550

incorrect pay was $50 sbe $25

Therefore correct payroll should be $ 525

Electronic payments window should  show 

$550   (first pay run)

-$50  ( reversal of incorrect pay)

$25 ( corrected pay)

Total $525 - matches bank feed

Follow the process to record , it will produce a bank file but you can continue on - it doesn't matter if it has already been processed.. Process it as at 27/2 . All it will do is do the MYOB transaction so that you can match it in bank feeds

Hope this helps

Lisa