Forum Discussion

Accounts12341
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Payroll Categories out of order

Morning

There are a couple of old threads asking about Payroll Categories printing in no particular order on payslips from 2018.    We have 8-10 categories not including Super or PAYG, on each payslip and the order (or lack thereof) is causing all sorts of confusion for the staff.

I was wondering if anything had been done about this?  Of if there are plans for anything to be done?

Thanks in advance

Yanike_S
    4 years ago

Hi Accounts12341 

Thanks for your message back and a screenshot of your payslip. I can see how this is very annoying!

You could try to change the order via the following:

The Payroll Category Order can change based on a few factors:

• Category Description
    • First Added
    • First Used
    • Category Type Placement

This can depend based on the First Added & First Used and also the Category Type Placement and the best way to try re-ordering is by re-building the Payroll Categories and re-adding them which I can understand is not ideal.

The development team is aware of this issue, but we don't have a timeframe for a fix at this stage.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Accounts12341 

Thanks for your post.

We are aware of this issue and it is being looked at by the developers. We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Have you tried printing the payslips out of the browser version of AccountRight? This might solve your issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Accounts12341
      Experienced User

Hi Yanike

Thanks for getting back to me.

I only use the web version of MYOB and the attached is what I get.  This example has 9 pay rate related categories. 

Trying to explain how the current payslip works is difficult.  I think new staff think I make it too difficult to read on purpose so I can short pay them (which of course, I don't!).  I've never had so many questions about pay slips as I have at this job.

Is there an ETA on this development?

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Accounts12341 

Thanks for your message back and a screenshot of your payslip. I can see how this is very annoying!

You could try to change the order via the following:

The Payroll Category Order can change based on a few factors:

• Category Description
        • First Added
        • First Used
        • Category Type Placement

This can depend based on the First Added & First Used and also the Category Type Placement and the best way to try re-ordering is by re-building the Payroll Categories and re-adding them which I can understand is not ideal.

The development team is aware of this issue, but we don't have a timeframe for a fix at this stage.