Forum Discussion

Accounts12341
Experienced User
9 months ago
Solved

Payroll categories adjusting hourly rate

Morning

I adjusted some pay rates last week and when I processed the pays, three staff members came to me with the following error.

As per the attached, I entered the base hourly hours as 41 hours, then I entered the Saturday rate as 8 hours which reduced the base hourly rate to 33 hours. In the Saturday rate payroll category, I ticked the 'Automatically adjust base hourly or base salary details' so all of that is as expected.

My problem is that not only did it adjust the hours, it adjusted the base hourly rate from $30ph to $27.090909. Why would it do that?? I thought that feature only adjusted the hours.

Each of the three staff members rates are different and MYOB has adjusted the rate by a different amount/percentage for each of them.

What am I doing wrong??

• Hi Accounts12341

I hope you are having a wonderful day. 

Regarding your inquiry, after investigating this issue thoroughly, I was able to identify that this is a known issue and I have tagged it to the development team. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and we truly value your continued support and understanding regarding this matter. Additionally, I just want to confirm with you that yes, this feature should not be altering the pay rates. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Accounts12341

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. Your effort in reaching out to us is appreciated, and we apologize for the issue you are experiencing with adjusting your employees' pay rates. We also want to thank you for taking the initiative to find a solution to your concern. We genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. 

Regarding your concern, I would suggest not unticking the option to automatically adjust base hourly on the weekend pay rate pay category. You would need to enter the exact base hours and the weekend rate hours without using automatic adjustment to calculate the correct pay rate for both pay categories. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Accounts12341

I hope you are having a wonderful day. 

Regarding your inquiry, after investigating this issue thoroughly, I was able to identify that this is a known issue and I have tagged it to the development team. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and we truly value your continued support and understanding regarding this matter. Additionally, I just want to confirm with you that yes, this feature should not be altering the pay rates. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth

Accounts12341
      Experienced User

Thanks for your help Leneth.

Are you able to advise whether it'll be fixed and if I can be notified if/when it is?

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Accounts12341

You're most welcome. Thank you as well for your patience and understanding on this matter. 

Our development team is still in the process of investigating and working on a permanent fix for this issue, however, we don't have a timeframe at this time for when it will be resolved. Should this situation be resolved, it will be included in the AccountRight Blog Article when it is released. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers, 
        Leneth