Forum Discussion

Newbie4846
Contributing Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

Payroll Clearing Account - How Do I clear this account?

Hi, We do not pay our payroll from MYOB. How do I clear this account without affecting past reconciliations? This account is affecting my EOM reports. I might have selected the wrong transaction type when I reconciled in some instances. Can they be journaled? If so, how? The linked account has since been changed as of 10/10/23. Everything is fine from 10/10 onward.
  • Hi Newbie4846

Thanks for posting in the forum. 

I understand the importance of clearing your electronic clearing account. In my understanding, you will still need to create an electronic payment from the "Prepare Electronic Payment" window to clear these transactions. The bank file created from this process could just be deleted as this will not affect any bank account if the bank file is not uploaded to the bank. Processing this would effectively move the values from the electronic clearing account to the bank account of choice in the ledger. 

I suggest reading through the article, Making Electronic Payments with a Bank File. You can follow the steps outlined in this article and skip the "To Upload a bank file to your bank". 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Newbie4846

Thanks for posting in the forum. 

I understand the importance of clearing your electronic clearing account. In my understanding, you will still need to create an electronic payment from the "Prepare Electronic Payment" window to clear these transactions. The bank file created from this process could just be deleted as this will not affect any bank account if the bank file is not uploaded to the bank. Processing this would effectively move the values from the electronic clearing account to the bank account of choice in the ledger. 

I suggest reading through the article, Making Electronic Payments with a Bank File. You can follow the steps outlined in this article and skip the "To Upload a bank file to your bank". 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

Newbie4846
      Contributing Cover User
      Thank you so much for all your help. I will give this a go.
        Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Newbie4846

Thanks for the response. 

I hope you get your issue fixed. 

Feel free to let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
        Genreve