Forum Discussion

Bec7
Experienced User
6 days ago

Payroll error

Hi, 

Using Account right and have cause an error in payrun. For some reason only one persons pay was affected.

It calculated wages, then instead of adding a bonus it paid the employee the bonus as tax!

No tax was taken. It gave the employee +$750 tax

Normal tax -$570

Bonus + $750

Payment has been processed. If I do another pay run for this employee and do the following:
Bonus + $750

Payg -$1320

Which results in payslip -$570, will this correct it? Then the employee is happy to pay back $570, which I will receipt to the required account.

Reply...

• Hi Bec7

I see your difficulties in recreating the pay run. To correct an electronic payment, you will need to delete the bulk payment first before altering the transactions within the electronic payment. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Delete the Bulk Payment:
      • Go to the Banking menu and click on "Find transactions."
      • On the Debits and Credits tab, enter a date range that includes the date you processed the electronic payment.
      • In the Account field, choose your Electronic Clearing Account.
      • Click the Reference number to open the electronic payment transaction.
      • Click Delete and confirm the deletion.
    2. Alter the Transactions:
      • Once the bulk payment is deleted, the individual transactions will be listed again on the Prepare Electronic Payments page.
      • Make the necessary changes to the transactions. For detailed guidance, you can refer to the article "Changing or Fixing Electronic Payments" on the MYOB support page.
    3. Recreate the Electronic Payment:
      • After making the necessary changes, you can recreate the electronic payment with the correct values.

If you need more detailed instructions, please refer to the article "Changing or Fixing Electronic Payments" on the MYOB support page.

Thanks,
    Genreve

6 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Bec7 ,

This can be a bit tricky at times. You might want to try reversing the entry and then recording it again. If the bonus was mistakenly taxed, it indicates that the initial recording was incorrect. Feel free to reply with a screenshot of the pay run so we can take a closer look at this for you.

Regards,
    Earl

Bec7
      Experienced User

Please see attached, app can't reverse as part of electronic payment batch. The initial recording was incorrect.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Bec7 ,

Thanks for the screenshot. Based on what I see, it’s best to reverse the entry because the tax should be negative. It was mistakenly added as part of the wages, causing the tax to be counted as wages and resulting in a net pay of $3,600 when it should have been lower. The net pay should be reduced to account for the tax. Please refer to the attached image as an example; the net pay should be smaller than the gross pay due to the tax.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

Regards,
        Earl