Forum Discussion

JaneneP
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll_ Timesheet

Hi

Forgive me I can use a system once it is setup but setting it up I seem to struggle with.

I want to have the ability where staff can log on to "something" and insert their times daily/ weekly whatever the options are.  Then we simply apply times etc to payroll and process.  Hope you get what I am trying to achieve.

1. Need guidance how to activate all of this, I did try to call "Myob" and can say wasn't much assistance on "how" to provided.

2. Are the timesheets they send  - saved for future reference etc, auditing from ATO etc.

3. There is one staff member who is on roster - hourly however she also receives (2) fixed payments (bonus) per week every week regardless whether she is on leave or working.

Appreciate anyone who can give me some help as this would be I believe a "time saver"

Thanks

J

• Hello JaneneP 

If you aren't already using timesheets within your AccountRight you will need to set them up, but we do have the MYOB Teams app, which you will be able to have your employees log into and enter in their timesheets which are then sent through to your AccountRight to approve for payroll.

When you bring the timesheets into your payroll it will bring forward their data, which you will also be able to alter if need be, for the case of any fixed payments. 

I have linked Help Articles on timesheets which will allow you to set this up, and on our MYOB Team app which will step through how to set that up and invite your employees too.

Please let me know how you go.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello JaneneP 

If you aren't already using timesheets within your AccountRight you will need to set them up, but we do have the MYOB Teams app, which you will be able to have your employees log into and enter in their timesheets which are then sent through to your AccountRight to approve for payroll.

When you bring the timesheets into your payroll it will bring forward their data, which you will also be able to alter if need be, for the case of any fixed payments. 

I have linked Help Articles on timesheets which will allow you to set this up, and on our MYOB Team app which will step through how to set that up and invite your employees too.

JaneneP
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you so much _ I have got so far and now I have another question:

The 5 steps to getting started: It asks to setup approving manager : I  have for now only added 1 staff member and the list will only give her name - ? Does she approve her own times? Very lost at this stage.  I would love further guidance if you don't mind?

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello JaneneP 

An approving Manager can't approve their own timesheets in MYOB Teams, they would need to go under a different approving manager.

Generally, MYOB Teams is used when there are multiple employees, but you can still use it with a single employee, you'd need to add an approving manager who is not currently an employee, like the business owner or bookkeeper, you'll need to set them up as an employee in AccountRight (just create a new employee card and enter their name and email address on the Profile tab, and set their Employment Basis to Other on the Payroll Details tab). You can then add them as an employee in the MYOB Team admin portal and then select them as approving manager.