Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Re: process paying a negative superannuation amount

Hi Clover,

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, the net amount to be paid is a positive value.

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Thanks for your help.

• Hi GCSadmin 

Thank you very much for the screenshot, it's very helpful.

The errors are related to the amounts going out to the super fund associated with Superannuation Guarantee - OP. If you add all the involved lines together, the total amount to be paid into this super fund is -$486.58, which Pay Super cannot do.

I'd suggest double checking that the payroll transactions are all entered correctly and reflects what happens in real life. If you overpaid super previously and have agreed to pay less in the next period, these amounts can be ticked with the future contributions to reduce the paying amount.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi GCSadmin 

Thank you very much for the screenshot, it's very helpful.

The errors are related to the amounts going out to the super fund associated with Superannuation Guarantee - OP. If you add all the involved lines together, the total amount to be paid into this super fund is -$486.58, which Pay Super cannot do.

I'd suggest double checking that the payroll transactions are all entered correctly and reflects what happens in real life. If you overpaid super previously and have agreed to pay less in the next period, these amounts can be ticked with the future contributions to reduce the paying amount.

GCSadmin
      User

Hi Clover,

I am certain the transactions are correct.  I will add this month's contributions so it adds up to a positive value.  

I didn't know that I should be looking at the totals per Superannuation category, and not by employee.

Thanks for you help!

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi GCSadmin 

No worries, I'm glad to help.

If the total of a superannuation category is negative, then it means at least 1 associated employee would have a negative amount as well. The Pay Superannuation function makes the total payments to each super fund, then the super funds allocate the amounts to individual employee accounts, a negative payment cannot be made to super funds or employee accounts thus the error. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to post again at any time.