Forum Discussion

LisaGSA
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago

STP Phase 2 - Balancing YTD Verification Report to payroll

Each month I run the YTD totals for the Activity Summary and check these against the YTD Verification Report.  

Prior to upgrading to STP-2 I was able to balance the Wages on the Activity Summary to the total of the STP Gross Wages + Lump Sum A/B/D/E  + ETP Tax Free/Taxable Components + Allowances.

I updated to STP-2 on 7/11/22 and i have tried to balance today, but I can't get the wages to balance (PAYG,  Super, RESC all are fine)

I think it is something to do with the YTD Verification Report as when I look at the GRoss Payments the total payments less the Salary Sacrifice totals do not balance back to the Total STP Taxable Wages. 

The Payroll Activity Summary and Payroll Register Summary both balance and I have checked all the ATO Reporting categories.

I have also ran the payroll summary, sorted these into the applicable categories and checked these against the YTD Verification report. It looks like the issues is with the "Paid leave-Other" Category - BUT I can't narrow down the difference to an individual employee. 

I do have a rejected file, but have since sent a new report with the totals and that particular employee is reporting correctly. The file for last month balanced correctly (this was prior to the update to STP2)

I am not sure what to check next.  Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi LisaGSA 

Thanks for your post. The first thing I'd do is run the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports to make sure they are the same. The YTD verification and Payroll register reports get their data from the employee card>>Pay history, so if a manual change has been made to the Pay history the Register report won't match the Activity report and the YTD verification report will be incorrect.

I'd also check the Summary of payments reports for each employee (EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis for the employee>>View summary report. 

Something else to be aware of with STP Phase 2, amounts are reported to the ATO using the assigned ATO reporting categories. This means that payments that were previously included in the Gross payments amount are now reported separately, this includes leave, overtime, bonus/commissions.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

LisaGSA
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports are the same. I have not made any manual changes to pay history via the employee cards.
      I have now checked the symmary of payments for each employee and these match the the payroll activity/register reports. 

I have also ran the payroll summary and checked everything is in the correct ATO reporting Category.

Any suggestions on the next spot to look? Im sure it's something really obvious that i'm missing! 

Thanks, Lisa