Forum Discussion

24 days ago
Solved

STP report not balancing

When reconciling the Payroll Summary to the STP reporting an individual category "other leave" does not balance and total payments does not reconcile.  However taxable income does balance & this category öther leave is taxable?  It feels like the STP report itself is incorrect /doesn't balance - see attachment to review?

The Payroll register Wages - agrees to the Payroll summary.

I have sent through many update events to see if this rectifies itself and it has not.

The individual STP report for the employee agrees with the individual activity report. 

What I believe has caused the error is entering a balance adjustment in the employee card - payroll details -> Entitlement screen ->.. however we have reversed that and it has still not fixed. (and sent new update event)

• Hi sconquest

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I see you're having some trouble with your STP report not balancing. It can be a bit tricky, but let's try to sort it out. Firstly, it's important to cross-check your payroll reports. Make sure your payroll activity and payroll register reports match. If they don't, it usually means a manual adjustment has been made. If the payroll register is incorrect, you'll need to correct the pay history figures on the card. If the payroll activity is incorrect, you'll need to enter a payroll transaction and manually remove the manually entered value from that employee’s card. Also, compare both reports to your year-to-date (YTD) verification report to figure out which one is accurate. Once you've nailed down the correct report, make those manual adjustments to the pay history or run a new pay run to get everything squared away on the reports.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

2 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi sconquest

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I see you're having some trouble with your STP report not balancing. It can be a bit tricky, but let's try to sort it out. Firstly, it's important to cross-check your payroll reports. Make sure your payroll activity and payroll register reports match. If they don't, it usually means a manual adjustment has been made. If the payroll register is incorrect, you'll need to correct the pay history figures on the card. If the payroll activity is incorrect, you'll need to enter a payroll transaction and manually remove the manually entered value from that employee’s card. Also, compare both reports to your year-to-date (YTD) verification report to figure out which one is accurate. Once you've nailed down the correct report, make those manual adjustments to the pay history or run a new pay run to get everything squared away on the reports.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

sconquest
      User

Princess

All of this has already been done and there is no change.

I do not understand why the taxable income agrees on STP and Payroll summary but the Gross does not.

For each individual employee the information is correct.

I submitted finalised as is, as there is no issue with the actual payroll data.

The other leave in STP report is not correct, but is correct on the individual employees.