Forum Discussion

9 days ago

STP reported in next financial year

Dear team,

We pay salaries on a monthly basis. In June 2024, I ran the payroll and selected the payment date as 30th June 2024. However, the STP reporting screen started showing zero. I waited for two days, but it didn't fix. Then, I deleted the payroll and re-ran it, selecting the period from 1st June to 30th June and the payment date as 30th June. After waiting for one day, it reflected on the STP reporting, and I submitted the report. However, when I started to verify the EOFY, my June payroll was not appearing, and it accidentally got reported in the 2025 FY.

I need advice on how to match my entire payroll summary with the EOFY and revert the reported balance to the ATO. I am using AccountRight Plus. A step-by-step guide would be preferable.

3 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi nabeel1156,

I understand you're having some trouble with your payroll reports and EOFY. No problem, I'm here to help! You'll need to undo that pay run and do it again. Just make sure the payment date is within the 2023/2024 payroll year. Any pay run recorded after June 30, 2024, will be considered an update event. This means it will appear as $0 in the STP screen, but these amounts are reported to the ATO. So, it's a good idea to always double-check your payroll register and activity reports to see if they match. If they do, you can send an update event to fix your EOFY verification report. If these reports are correct, you're all set to finalise your 2023/24.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

nabeel1156
      User

Thank you @Pricess_R

Also, please guide me what to do for the reported payroll in the next financial year? Will it be fixed automatically or are we supposed to revert it? If yes, then how it can be reverted?

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi nabeel1156,

You can indeed reverse it. I recommend visiting this help article for more information. Fixing a pay

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
        Earl