Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

STP2 offline

What STP2 options do I have if I do not want to put my company online?

gavin12345
    2 years ago

Hi Accountdude 

If you want to comply with Phase 2 and keep your file offline, take a look at a program called STP Creator - this was specifically developed for offline MYOB files and works with all versions of MYOB. Cost is $222 for up to 20 employees. This way you get to keep using MYOB offline and complying with STP Phase 2. I hear quite a number of AR2023 users have commenced using this for Phase 2 reporting while continuing to use MYOB offline.

There are also other options (just not from MYOB), however all (except STP Creator) require re-entry of some data.

Regards

Gavin

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi 1CoolChange 

Sorry to see no one has offered assistance yet. 

With STP 2 in AccountRight the file does need to be online for users to access the Payroll Reporting Centre. While not advised, some users get around it by having the online file set up first, then make a backup, restore it to local library and work on the local file instead. When needing to access STP, backup the local file then restore it online to overwrite the online copy, open the online file to view/send pay events.

We'd still recommend placing the file online, it will enable more functions other than STP2, such as emailing online, using the browser version which can be used on a tablet as well, online invoice payments etc. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know. 

Accountdude
      User

hi cloverQ , iam am in an area where internet is bad so from what i understand there is no other way to use STP2 unless online? if this correct this another blow to people in the bush

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Accountdude 

If you want to comply with Phase 2 and keep your file offline, take a look at a program called STP Creator - this was specifically developed for offline MYOB files and works with all versions of MYOB. Cost is $222 for up to 20 employees. This way you get to keep using MYOB offline and complying with STP Phase 2. I hear quite a number of AR2023 users have commenced using this for Phase 2 reporting while continuing to use MYOB offline.

There are also other options (just not from MYOB), however all (except STP Creator) require re-entry of some data.

Regards

Gavin