Forum Discussion

discoverybay
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Superannuation Guarantee increase

Hello I have just found this information from this link and I am querying it. https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Changing+the+superannuation+guarantee+rate#expand-WhatifIneedtorecordapayintheprev...
    4 years ago

Hi discoverybay 

Thanks for your post. The ATO advice is that payment date determines the applicable rate, regardless of the pay period. This would mean that a payrun with payment date of 1st July for a June pay period would be 10%.

The payment date ruling applies to all payroll transactions. You can find this on the ATO website:

If salary and wages are accrued in the current financial year (prior to 30 June) but paid in the following financial year (on or after 1 July), the full amount of the payment will be taxed at the following financial year's tax rates and included in the following financial year's payment summary.

If you do have concerns about this I recommend speaking to the ATO to clarify.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.