Forum Discussion

kermie
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

BAS Year

Hello,

I am in need of some help again.

My BAS Financial year is not changing to this current financial year of 22/23 so my BAS will not give me the July 2022 on wards. I have done what a couple of others have asked when it happened to them but it is not working for me. Thank you again..

• Hi kermie 

The years that are listed on the Prepare BAS/IAS>>Lodge Manually window is based on the current financial year in the company file. You can only produce the BAS for the current and next financial year that the file is based in. You can review the financial year that your file is in via Setup>>Company information>>Current Financial Year.

If you are a few years behind the current financial year (2023) you may need to look at closing the financial year to get into the appropriate year to produce that BAS. You can close the financial year via File>>Close a financial year and complete the Close a Financial Year assistant. Please note: You may need to close the financial year multiple times depending on what financial year the current file is in.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi kermie 

The years that are listed on the Prepare BAS/IAS>>Lodge Manually window is based on the current financial year in the company file. You can only produce the BAS for the current and next financial year that the file is based in. You can review the financial year that your file is in via Setup>>Company information>>Current Financial Year.

If you are a few years behind the current financial year (2023) you may need to look at closing the financial year to get into the appropriate year to produce that BAS. You can close the financial year via File>>Close a financial year and complete the Close a Financial Year assistant. Please note: You may need to close the financial year multiple times depending on what financial year the current file is in.

kermie
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you so much for your help. Closing a Financial year a couple of times worked.

Really Much appreciated.

Kermie