Forum Discussion

DiJac
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

BAS

The BAS figures produced from `Prepare BAS/IAS' within the Accounts Page do not match to the Payroll Summary and GL Summary reports.  The BAS figures do not pick up all the payroll/wage allowances. ...
    Tracey_H
    4 years ago

DiJac 

Hi Dianne

Since you're using BASlink the first thing I'd check is the dates, make sure you've selected the correct financial year and the period is correct under PAYG tax withheld:

Can I also get you to run the Payroll Activity summary and Payroll Register summary reports and make sure they are the same? The Payroll Summary report and Payroll Register summary get their figures from the Pay History in the employee card. The Payroll Activity report and the W1 field get their figures from pays allocated to payroll categories in Process Payroll. 

A difference in the Activity and Register reports will mean that the Payroll Summary and BAS will not balance either. This is caused by manual changes made to the Pay History in the employee card. If you find that the Activity and Register reports are different, you will need to change the Pay History back to what it was and process any adjustments through Process Payroll.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.