Forum Discussion

Di64
Trusted Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Combining GL codes

Hi,  I have seen posts of people combining and cleaning up their  Account Codes and would like to do the same.

I have a heap of now Inactive Codes and want them gone, especially as they continue to pop up in the Company Data Audit even though people have been begging for this to stop for about a decade now.

So does anyone have any tips or things i should be aware of other than the obvious - like for like code, check balances are correct after merge, etc.

Any hints and tricks appreciated.  

Thanks

D

• Hi Di64

Thanks for your post. 

I understand how it would look neater to remove inactive accounts in the ledger. Combining accounts are good fix but there are limitations to this, as you can't combine header accounts, accounts that are associated with bank feeds, etc. I would recommend reading through the Combining Accounts article to know more about merging accounts.  

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Di64

Thanks for your post. 

I understand how it would look neater to remove inactive accounts in the ledger. Combining accounts are good fix but there are limitations to this, as you can't combine header accounts, accounts that are associated with bank feeds, etc. I would recommend reading through the Combining Accounts article to know more about merging accounts.  

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve