Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Cannot code to an active GL

Hi,

I have created a new GL and I'm trying to use it in a purchase but it's not showing up in the list of GL's to select to code to, even though it's sitting in the accounts list. It's not been set up as a header GL, it's just a normal GL. I have refreshed the accounts list and logged in/out and it still doesn't come up in the list. 

Thanks 

• Hi Samara,

It was setup as a detail account and was not ticked as inactive. 

After a few hours on the phone to MYOB this has been rectified (file had to be restored as there was an issue with the file). 

Thanks

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Simone6 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Can you please open up the account on the Accounts List and ensure that 'Inactive Account' is not ticked, and the type of account is selected to be 'Detail Account'. 

If that all looks correct, can you please reply with a screenshot of the Account Information window and the New Purchase windows so I can reproduce the error on my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Simone6
      User

Hi Samara,

It was setup as a detail account and was not ticked as inactive. 

After a few hours on the phone to MYOB this has been rectified (file had to be restored as there was an issue with the file). 

Thanks