Forum Discussion

Wendy26
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Journal Security Audit Report - incorrect user ID

I have run a journal security audit report and I've found that some recurring general journals that are listed on the report are showing an incorrect User ID for the user that added the transaction.

The general journals are ones that I have set-up as the Administrator, and they have been set to automatically occur at particular times of each month. However the audit report indicates that other staff members (i.e. other User IDs) added the transactions, not the Administrator (me).

Is it perhaps the case that the first person to login to the data file each day triggers these recurring journals, and that same person is then indicated to have added the transaction on the journal security audit report?

Or is this happening due to some other reason?

• Hi Wendy26 

Recurring transactions are recorded when the file is opened and thus are assigned to that user who initiated that opening of that file on the selected date.

For example, if UserA is listed as the user in the Recurring Transaction Schedule of the transaction but UserB opens the file on that then UserB would be the user ID assigned to the recurring transaction.

It should be noted that the Recurring Schedule user option is Automatically record this transaction when due and notify that user. The user is selected for the notification, not the recording.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Wendy26
    Experienced Cover User

I have run a journal security audit report and I've found that some recurring general journals that are listed on the report are showing an incorrect User ID for the user that added the transaction.

The general journals are ones that I have set-up as the Administrator, and they have been set to automatically occur at particular times of each month. However the audit report indicates that other staff members (i.e. other User IDs) added the transactions, not the Administrator (me).

Is it perhaps the case that the first person to login to the data file each day triggers these recurring journals, and that same person is then indicated to have added the transaction on the journal security audit report?

Or is this happening due to some other reason?

• Hi Wendy26 

Recurring transactions are recorded when the file is opened and thus are assigned to that user who initiated that opening of that file on the selected date.

For example, if UserA is listed as the user in the Recurring Transaction Schedule of the transaction but UserB opens the file on that then UserB would be the user ID assigned to the recurring transaction.

It should be noted that the Recurring Schedule user option is Automatically record this transaction when due and notify that user. The user is selected for the notification, not the recording.

Wendy26
      Experienced Cover User

thanks Steven_M.  that makes sense.