Forum Discussion

Happygirl
Experienced User
6 months ago

Monthly Budget

Can we create a MONTHLY budget against a job code in MYOB, or do we have to set up a over 50 different accounts. Thank you . 

3 Replies

• Hi Happygirl,

Thank you for your post.

In AccountRight, you can set up a budget for a specific job code without the need to create over 50 different accounts. You can utilize the budgeting feature within MYOB to allocate and track expenses against job codes on a monthly basis. For detailed instructions on how to do this, kindly refer to this Help article: Jobs.

Please let me know if you require further assistance; I'd be more than happy to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Happygirl
      Experienced User

Princess_R 

Thanks for your response. 

However,  it appears we can only create a fixed budget amount for the job versus a monthly budget figure. The budgeted amount changes by the month./ Financial year etc

Example

Job 1:

Budget Jan : Telephone  $200

Budget Feb: Telephone  $500

Etc 

Thanks for your help

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Happygirl,

Thank you for your response.

From my understanding, you can enter budget amounts for each month. However, it seems that it might not support changing the budgeted amount for a specific job on a monthly basis directly. The budgeting feature is more general and might not allow for the level of detail you're looking for. Please try looking into this Help article: Entering budget amounts.

Please let me know if you require further assistance. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess