Forum Discussion

Chunts123
Contributing User
12 months ago

Rolling back end of year

I have not yet closed off 2022-23 as items still have to be addressed.

I have entered July transactions for 2023-24 FY wish to print reports for these but MYOB will not allow this I assume because 2022-23 hasn’t been closed. Am I able to close 2022-23 FY so I can access current reports then roll back the 2022-23 so I can address the unfinished items in that year? Thanks

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Chunts123 

You cannot roll back a financial year.

MYOB works on the current FY setting (see Setup > Company Information). Reports allow for current FY + 1. So your current FY might actually be 2022.

If you need a report that MYOB won't produce due to your current FY setting, you can either change that current FY setting in this file, or make a backup, restore locally with new filename, roll that copy to correct FY, generate report etc, delete copy.

Regards

Gavin

• Hi Chunts123,

Thank you for your post. I apologize for not being able to respond right away. I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

MYOB covers the previous (2022-2023) and current (2023-2024) financial years. You'll need to finish everything in your current financial year for you to be able to rollover and print reports for 2023–2024. Or you may follow what gavin12345 has mentioned.

Thank you so much, Gavin12345, for providing the information. We always appreciate you taking time to answer other users queries.

Cheers,

Princess