Forum Discussion

TSC001
User
9 days ago

EOFY Payroll finalisation

Hoping someone has experience this and can point me to a fix.

EOFY Payroll

• Payroll activity and payroll summary report matches
  • Payroll reporting  - Year to date verification report ... total Salary wages does not match the payroll activity or summary ... is understated. 

Has anyone come across this?

5 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TSC001,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

It looks like your year-to-date verification report isn't playing nicely with your payroll activity and summary reports. This could be because of a manual adjustment in Pay History or incorrect reporting categories. To troubleshoot, you might want to run the payroll activity detail report and compare it with your payroll register report to pinpoint where the differences are coming from. If they match, this means that the issue is being caused by ATO reporting categories that have not been assigned correctly or by payroll categories that have been exempted from PAYG withholding in error. If they don't match, it's likely that a manual adjustment was made in Pay History on the employee card. If this is the case, you will need to change the pay history back to what it was and process any changes or adjustments through Process Payroll. Then process a $0 payment to update STP.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

TSC001
      User

The Payroll Activity Report and the payroll registry report balances are the same .... it is just the Payroll reporting Year to date verification report that is incorrect. 

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TSC001,

Thanks for looking into the reports. Have you tried sending an update event? This refreshes the information in the YTD report. Just a heads-up: only wages reported as gross payments will appear in the YTD Verification Report. If the YTD report still isn't accurate after sending the update event, you might want to check out help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to access MOCA, our virtual assistant. MOCA can provide quick answers and assistance. If MOCA can't help, you'll be redirected to our live chat team automatically.

Cheers,

Princess

Acc5-SA
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Princess_R

I've had the same issue here for Gross payments,

• Payroll Activity = Payroll Register ≠ STP YTD Report 

Except that I've found that the difference was due to Task Allowances and Notice in lieu payments on my end.

The Task Allowances (ATO category: allowance type KN) and ETP (Type O) payments are still under Gross Payments in the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register Report, while they are not counted towards the Gross payments in the YTD report for some reason. 

I've just submitted to ATO as is, since the difference still appears on the employees' individual YTD report as "Allowance - tasks" and "ETP-taxable component - O".

Could you kindly advise if what I've done is correct/incorrect please? 

Much appreciated.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Acc5-SA,

Looks like you're on the right track. These allowances and ETP components usually show up under Gross Payments in those reports but might not appear the same in the STP YTD Report. Here's a tip: check the individual summary of payments under the EOFY finalization tab against the employee name. Click on the three dots to see the breakdown of other pay items that aren't reported as gross payments. Add these to the Gross YTD in the Verification Report, and voila, everything should match up. 

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess