Forum Discussion

21 days ago

MYOB V15 Changing Email Platform

With Microsoft recently changing the Modern Authentication Methods and removing the ability to now never be able to use Outlook 2007 again, I've installed the new Outlook 2024.

Being that V15 is old, how can I now change when I send an email that email is not sent via Outlook 2007 but the new Outlook 2024 version?

Ive changed the default settings in Default apps of Windows 11 to the new Outlook, but the email still goes to 2007.

I then proceeded to uninstall 2007 to stop it going there, but now get the error of a missing MAPI32.dll , the MYOB software freezes for about 10-15seconds then shuts down.

Do I need to edit a registry key to change from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2024?

Any help to this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers Mark

• Hi Mark

This will not answer all your questions, however 2 important rules to follow when diagnosing or changing email programs when it comes to MYOB (any version).

• Ensure the Outlook version you install is 32 bit not 64 bit - if not sure how to check, research this online.
    • Ensure Outlook is installed first, then MYOB - so you may need to re-install MYOB after installing a new 32 bit version of Outlook.

Regards

Gavin