Forum Discussion

AmandaCL
MYOB Moderator
3 months ago

Welcome to the new Community Forum!

Good morning everyone!

Welcome to our NEW Community Forum! We hope you find value in this newly upgraded space. 

We've simplified our board structure and have archived posts with no solutions to make it easier for you to navigate and find the answers you're after!

If you have a question that's yet to be answered - feel free to start a new post! Simply click into the board that relates to your question and select "Create a post".

If you have any feedback about the navigation and layout of our new Community Forum, leave a comment below - we'd love to hear from you! 

Feel free to reach out if there's anything you're unsure of or have any further questions!

Cheers, Amanda. 

*Please note: You may notice that some functionality is missing post-upgrade such as your personalised profile icons. We are aware of this and are actively working to resolve it. 

30 Replies

MikeG1
    MYOB Moderator

Hi H-TS, Lisa_BBP and Sharon_BCT 
    I can understand the link in timing, but can assure that you the upgrade to the community forum in no way affected access to your MYOB software.
    I have somewhat addressed the link between the two in my reply here but ultimately we completed our upgrade at the same time as there were access issues.
    Because traffic increased to the forum as a result of the access issues, right after we completed the upgrade, it caused an initial overload to the forum and it also went down.

Lisa_BBP - would love to know what you have found difficult with navigation and also any ideas you have to help improve it
    This is the first day of the new forum and thankfully it is a very easy platform now for us to make changes.
    You can private message myself or Amanda with your feedback or you could also arrange a time with Amanda to call and discuss the forum.

We are fully dedicated to making the forum an engaging, positive and valuable resource for all of our community and your feedback will definitely help us achieve that.
    Thanks, Mike

H-TS
      Trusted User

Thanks Mike. My comment on this post was unrelated to the outage. The forum is a waste of time and resources and I get riled up every time I need to come here and wait for a solution from another frustrated user that may or may not ever come. There are so many unanswered posts in the forum. I'd rather the resources be invested in providing decent support again. There are times when livechat doesn't cut it. Neither does the 'submit a support ticket' option, when you can remember how to find it, since there's no link to it at my.myob.com. MYOB should be providing this support, not your other customers. Imagine if NRMA (as an example) asked it's members to help each other when they've broken down. "We can replace your battery in three days but you might get a quicker, possibly helpful, response from the random strangers who are also paying for our roadside assistance." Laughable. 
      Or invested in implementing some of the great ideas that are put forward by people who actually use this software.
      When I'm here, I do also help other users when I know the answer. But why should they have had to wait for me to stumble across their post. Bring back real technical support.

Sharon_BCT
        Experienced Cover User

Totally Agree - lack of finding support options & lack of support when you do manage to find / connect to somebody & not listening to users are MYOB's biggest downfalls at the moment.

It seems every month, I get an email from MYOB telling me they've done something "new & exciting", which in 99% of the cases is irrelevant to me.

MYOB - put your efforts into better support & make it a more reliable system first & foremost!! 

Lisa_BBP
    Trusted Partner

As soon as it went down, I was thinking to myself what are MYOB trying to make pretty now! haha

Every time they do something in the background the program goes down. How about making these changes overnight and then testing before releasing? Or does MYOB not work after hours?

By the way, the new forum is now even harder to find anything, good job MYOB!

H-TS
    Trusted User

Can you just get rid of the forum except as a 'product ideas' placeholder for your developers and decision-makers to continue ignoring, and put resources back into providing real support like we paid for in our subscriptions?

Sharon_BCT
    Experienced Cover User

Ironic that when the new Community Forum was uploaded, we were kicked out of Accountright for 45 mins, right in the middle of the day.