JanineBush
Contributing User
2 months ago
New

MYOB Teams

Hi, I have an issue with how this module has been developed. I am the Bookkeeper and the Payroll Manager for a number of sites.   I have now installed the MYOB Kiosk at 2 childcare services and have appointed the 2 approving Managers.  So far so good.   What I have an issue with is that the approving Manager/s can't have access to the Admin Portal without having to have access to the company file. BIG PROBLEM.  An approving Manager should have access to the functions within the Admin Portal without having access to the MYOB company file.   There's not enough flexibility to amend or add from the APP. It's functionality is painfully limited. In my view, these limitation render this system very inefficient in achieving optimal payroll automation.   For example, some of our staff bank their 2 X 10 minute paid break and then take extra time at lunch time with many of them leaving the site during their lunch break.  The approving Manager has no flexibility in adjusting this break time from the App, it has to be done from the Admin Portal, which they have no access to.   Hence, they have to approve a time sheet which is incorrect and then email payroll to ask them to adjust.  It's not efficient at all.  It's not as automated as I was hoping and I think MYOB need to do better if they are going to provide this feature in their software.  This is sub-standard development from MYOB.

Not very happy to be perfectly honest.

2 Comments

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JanineBush,

Totally get where you're coming from. It makes total sense for approving Managers to have more flexibility without needing full access. No worries, I've passed along your thoughts on the MYOB Kiosk module to our team for review. We're always looking for ways to improve, so thanks for sharing your insights with us! If there's anything else on your mind, feel free to drop us a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen

JanineBush
      Contributing User

Thank you.  I've also added this feedback to the Ideas page. It's not really an enhancement, I see this as being imperative software development to have a fully functioning time sheet system with multiple levels of access as required.  At the moment, it's only halfway there.  Other systems out there doit so much better.  MYOB need to step up.  Admin portal access for approving Managers is a must have, not a nice feature.