Judy005
Cover User
10 years ago
Open

Payroll: Ability to remove categories used on timesheets

We use timesheets and then process the payroll from there.

It would be most useful to be able to deselect a wage category from individuals when the category is no longer used.

This is not possible - the message that appears states:- This wage category is used on timesheets for this employee and cannot be deselected.

Even if the category is in previous payroll years it is still not able to be deselected.

Your consideration in fixing this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Judy

"Remove payroll categories that have been used on timesheets"

62 Comments

• RE: Ability to remove categories used on Timesheets:

Even if we could just "Hide" unnecessary Payroll Categories so that we don't have long lists with categories that have been setup by users that didn't quite know what they were doing years ago.

Lea_A
    Experienced Cover User

This is a major issue in MYOB for me! 

We have hundreds of payroll categories in our data file from a former business we sold, which I would love to hide, to save scrolling during data entry.

If they could be deselected on the employee card, they would no longer appear in timesheet data entry.  This currently can't be done if previous timesheets have used the old categories.  

Anu473
      Experienced User

I am having a similar issue not being able to deselct a payroll catagory that has been previously used in a timesheet. As the nature of the contracts for employees changes and there is  no flexiblity to untick the ones that are not valid. 

• I understand the actual catagory needs to remain to make the whole code work.

However we only ask for to be 'hidden' from the users view when unticked.

I know this would be possible in code.

Just do it, lots of people now have loads of categories from over the years, and is a huge pain

to always pass our eyes over.

• Post opened in Nov 2014 and issue is still not fixed in Mar 2023. MYOB is really putting effort into product reviewing.

Not allowing us to remove payroll categories that have been used on timesheets is creating unnecessary possibility on payroll errors. Why cant MYOB sees it after 9 years.

• MYOB, any updates on a solution for this very frustrating issue.  I see this was raised as a concern over 10 years ago.  Could you please review and provide us some more feedback on where MYOB is at with this issue? 

We have a number of staff that have changed payroll categories.  If we can hide unused wage categories from timesheets, to avoid errors (!!) that would be a wonderful first step for us.

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JBB2024

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of helpful information.

I understand your frustration regarding the issue of hiding unused wage categories from timesheets in MYOB. We regret to inform you that this feature is not yet available in AccountRight. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Rest assured that this has been brought to the attention of the appropriate team, and they will let you know once it is implemented.

Feel free to post again if you have any other queries.

Kind regards,

Shella

• I note this was raised 10 years ago. I have just been asked by MYOB Support to list it as an issue for consideration AGAIN.

Clearly an ongoing issue they dont want to fix. Presume the major issue is the HELP people are not payroll people - or they would understand!