Helen-Webley
Experienced Cover User
11 years ago
Open

Purge: Cards

It would be great if there was a way of bulk deleting, or bulk merging of unused cards and especially items. 

"Bulk deleting of cards or items'

Delete cards

41 Comments

TonyTuccillo
    Experienced Cover User

Hi,

In an effort to clean out past customer cards I receive the message "This customer has a linked Job". The solution to this according to your knowledge base says "Open each Job until you identify which Job(s) the unwanted card is linked to." The problem with this is we have several thousand jobs in our jobs list and the above solution would take a considerable amount of time to do. Not to mention this particular customer may have a few hundred jobs linked to their card.

We have been in business (and using MYOB) for almost 10 years. Clients come and clients go and approximately 90 % of our customer cards are superflous. I realise we can make the card inactive but we frequently do client mail merges using customer data from MYOB and the data requires a significant amount of work to remove the former client data each time before it is usable. Thanking you for you consideration in this matter.

Regards, Tony Tuccillo

sarahsimon
      Experienced User

I would be very interested to know the answer to this question.

If you found a solution Tony, please let me know!