Matt_Rogaloff
Contributing Cover User
10 years ago
Open

Receive Payments: Ability to receive a payment in bulk from multiple debtors into the one account

Hi,

i would like to put  forward the idea of "bulk receiveing payments" from multiple debtors into an account.

To put into context, we run an online business where we get several sales a day via our website and ebay. 
We load our customers individually (onto separate cards) and many of our customers are also repeat.

From the invoices we naturally receive a number of payments each day - going (usually) to the same accout - be it paypal, chequing account etc etc. 

It would be handy and very time effective to be able to "select" all debtors who have paid into the same account on a particular day and "process" with one click of a button. 

From a back end persepctive effectively it is selecting multiple trade debtors (DR) and allocating to an asset account (CR) in one move rather than doing this individually.

NB. Emailing the invoices is not important to us - as we print and enclose with our packages.

Any work around or implementation would be greatly appreciated! :)

Best regards,

Matt

"Bulk Receiving of Payments"

17 Comments

TraceyD3110
    Experienced Cover User

It would be great if MYOB would allow for a tick option for Accounts Receivables, possibly next to "Open Invoices" Register rather than clicking though the prompts to accept a payment. or even in the To do List, similar to  Account Payables bill due.

Tracey

• +1 for Matt's idea. I spend many hours per week on this exact problem.

• Hi @Matt_Rogaloff 

A simple fix for this would be in receive payments to have the option to choose one or several customers to receive payments from.

It would then need to show all open invoices in numerical order for those chosen customers.

Apply amounts as per usual then record. 

This would save so much time. 

We record around 400+ payments per month from one HQ company that pay several of our customers. Rather than having to keep going between customers to record each invoice individually it would make it so much easier to do it in the way i have suggested. 

Regards, Diane 

• This is something I desparately need, I have one large client with many different stores across Australia, all of whom are invoiced separately - but receive only one payment for all invoicing per month. It taks days to reconcile. Please, please enable this feature.