tfp25
Cover User
11 years ago
Open

Report: Category Profit & Loss Statement - Multi Period

We use categories for our Sydney and Branch operational but MYOB does not have facility under Categories Option to produce Multispreadsheet Profit and Loss. To compare month to month I have to do manually in excell which is a pain.  Appreciate if MYOB will enhance the report.

"Multipreadsheet  Profit and Loss under Categories Option"

25 Comments

• We have a lot of categories in our business.  When I do the category profit and loss reports, it will not produce a report that breaks down the category profit and loss into monthly columns.  So I have to import each month into an excel spreadsheet, which is time consuming and frustrating.

Can MYOB please look into creating a category profit and loss multi period report?

Emile
      Former Staff

Hi GEMonster 

Thanks for your comment. Since this is a duplicate Idea I encourage you to go to the original Idea linked above and show your support by commenting and voting there.

GEMonster
      Experienced Cover User

Hi, I also share the same view as Metalox.  We also use categories and the P & L by Multi Period by Category will save me a lot of time.  I see there is an add on, but I should not have to pay for an add on when the data already sits inside MYOB

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open
    Thanks for the idea. I can see how having this report would be a time saver. We encourage other users who would like the ability to use categories on the Multi Period spreadsheet profit and loss reports to vote and add further comments.
  • Hi,

You might like to look at one of the MYOB Add-on solutions packages to be able to do a multiperiod P&L by Category. see http://myob.com.au/addons/

Our produce BI for MYOB can do this as a a Multiperiod report filtered for one or a number of Catgories, or Jobs.  Alternatively you can Pivot with Categories Sydney/Brisbane/Total accross the columns for any date range. The software runs in a browser but the reports can simply export to excel

Full details on our website or please call and I can show you how it would work for you.

Jennifer Kelly

www.BIforMYOB.com

02 8912 4110