lb77
Experienced User
13 years ago
Planned

Reports: ATO Standard Business Reporting (SBR)

Will we be able to use AccountRight to submit forms to the ATO with future updates of AccountRight?

I expected that we'd be able to submit Tax File Number Declarations with the current release as the function was said to be in beta testing for at least the last 2 years.

http://community.myob.com/t5/Staffing-Payroll/TFN-Declaration-Reports/td-p/20641

I've read the support note here http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32250 but it doesn't give any indication that it will be functional in this current release.

It would be a very useful feature for anyone using myob as their payroll software.

So, any updates?

Liam.

93 Comments

• Hi - I would like to see Accountright Plus be able to create a file that can be uploaded via the ECI (ATO software) Portal for tax declaration information.  I know that other software offer this and thought it strange that MYOB doesnt have this faciltity.  We can create an empdupe file for upload so it would be of a similar format for the tax dec info.

JasonHill
      Former Staff

Georgie,

Thanks for your feedback. We understand your request and I will make sure your comments are shared with our product development team. The team prioritise product enhancements according to the impact on clients and the number of clients affected. I'm sure they would appreciate any further detail that you could provide in regards to the time saving benefits of your suggestion.

All the best,

Jason Hill
      Community Manager

GeorgieC
      Experienced Partner

Apparently the latest version June 2013 still does not incorporate this facility which seems quite ridiculous since the ATO provides the ability to do this and thought MYOB software is supposed to assist us in our businesses.

• Definitely agree that we need the ability to lodge TFN declarations.

It is a never ending process for those in the fast food industry or those whose workers are itinerants.

Will_H
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BA,

We really appreciate the feedback, I was hoping you could make a new thread for this suggested change.  We do support the SBR initiative, but so we can track the demand for specific feature requests it is best if each particular change has its own request thread.

Kind Regards,

Will H.

BA
    Trusted Cover User

As well as the BAS, the PAYG Summary and the TFN Declarations it would be worthwhile considering CentreLink payment response. These are just a printout of the Payroll Advices for a selected period.

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open

Our intention is to support the SBR initiative and TFN declarations. We'd like to work out the roadmap for this so we can share it with you.

Could you all help us by voting for this feature so we can gauge it's priority for you versus other suggestions in the idea exchange?

What reports from the SBR taxonomy and various agencies would you like us to do? which forms are the highest priority?

• Hi Liam,

I certainly agree with you that being able to lodge a tax file number declaration and being able to submit your BAS without logging into the ATO portal would be extremely helpful.  The support note you have linked will be updated when we have more information on this feature.