margw
Experienced Cover User
11 years ago
Open

Sales: Enable quotes to be closed off when not converted to invoices

I currently have several open Quotes which have been submitted to Customers but they have decided not to go ahead. I would like to be able to close these off so that I can maintain a history rather than just delete them.

25 Comments

Dianna_Blake
    Contributing Cover User

This function has been "under consideration" for over 18 months now - is there any indication of whether or not this will be developed?

• Thank you everyone for your votes and comments, all the feedback has been passed to our developers. Unfortunately at this stage we do not have a time frame available.

Your votes would help our developers prioritise their work, please keep the votes and comments coming if you are interested in this function in AccountRight.

mcv
    Experienced Cover User

i used to use crm which let you set a date for when the quote was won or lost and then enter a note about it - why it was won or lost - it is very annoying whenever i entere a sale for a certain custommer and the pop up list with 20 quotes on it appears and i have to dselect new sale every time. they should be saved in a list like the job list where you can see the quotes via customer etc and also won/lost

mcv
    Experienced Cover User

include the sales reps name field so we can run a report to see how many quotes are won/lost and if we need to fire someone

• Thank you for your feedback mcv

Currently you can select a salesperson when recording quotes, you can then customise the Sales Register Detail report to report on quotes only, as well as showing the salesperson field. When the option of closing quotes without converting to invoice do get implemented, it would be a good idea to be reflected on the Sales Register Details report as well.

I have shared your comment with the relevant team. Anyone else who is also interested in this idea, please keep your votes and comments coming.

• We do a lot of quotes and when they are not accepted we want to ARCHIVE them not delete them.  We often want to recall a Quote or we make it active again, etc, but we don't need 10000 quotes sitting in the system. 

Dunners
    Experienced Cover User

Is there any further update on when/if this change will be implemented? I would really like to be able to have a history of declined quotes. 

• I would love if we could set a quote to 'history' when a customer has not taken up the quote. This would keep sales invoice numbers in sequence and you would be able to retrieve them at a later date if required. I would also mean not having to fiddle with them so they don't show up every time you enter a new invoice - which can be very annoying..

Jollyrodger12
    Experienced Cover User

This would make my job so much easier! Please implement this system. It dioesn't have to be complex - even if there was a box inside the quote to say "archive" and the transaction gets greyed out - much like an inactive account in the accounts list. That way if the customer rings back with a change of mind, we have the records on hand and easliy accessable.