Geejay
Experienced Partner
11 years ago
Done

Sales: Printing Backorder items

The manner in which AR 2013 prints backorder invoices needs to be changed.

There is no logical reason for the backordered product to be listed with a zero quantity and zero value then listed again in the backorder section.  The original invoice line should be automatically deleted if the entire quantity is on backorder.  It causes unneccesary confusion the way it is and looks totally unprofessional.

"Printing Backorder Invoices"

13 Comments

SDM_Nicola
    Experienced User

I agree that this is a totally unprofessional looking result - one I suspect has arisen from the previous versions method of only showing a back order until the order has been invoiced.

The answer lies in moving the items from the main body to the lower - back order section ONLY. These lines however need to remain - there needs to be a future dated time that should this invoice be reprinted that those lines back ordered are still present. 

My issue with the new version is that it now creates a back order line in PAYABLES where one NEVER existed before and is even more confusing when trying to ascertain what has actually been paid.

Naturebe
    Contributing Cover User

I agree, often my invoice becomes more than two pages because of the double up of tiems. I  often find myself going back to delete the items from the invoice so they are just showing as backorder.