Forum Discussion

Mags
Trusted Cover User
19 days ago

Unable to Print, Email or Save to Disk Sale Invoices in lock period

We are using AccountRight Build 2024.6.1.9 Desktop and are unable to print, preview, email or send to disk a Sales Invoice in a Lock Period.

How do we email an invoice copy to a customer or send to disk if the invoice is in a lock period and no changes have been made?

Every time we try to email or print an invoice and no changes have been made an "Information" window opens saying "Any changes you have made to this sale will be saved before it is printed.  OK or Cancel", if you click on Cancel still can't print or if you click on OK, the Spelling screen appears, so we click on Cancel Spell Check then the ERROR Screen Shows "You can't edit sales dated in the lock period. The lock period is specified in the Security Tab of the Preferences window."

This occurs every time when NO CHANGES have been made, so how do we email or print or send to disk invoice copies without unlocking a period as not all users have access to unlocking periods??

Please advise.

• Hi Mags,

Thanks for reaching out about the issue with printing or emailing invoices! I'm happy to let you know that our team has fixed this problem in the latest AccountRight update. You should now be able to print, preview, email, or save sales invoices even when they are in a locked period without needing to unlock them. Just make sure to update to the latest version of AccountRight. You can find more info about the updates here.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Mags,

Thanks for reaching out about the issue with printing or emailing invoices! I'm happy to let you know that our team has fixed this problem in the latest AccountRight update. You should now be able to print, preview, email, or save sales invoices even when they are in a locked period without needing to unlock them. Just make sure to update to the latest version of AccountRight. You can find more info about the updates here.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

Louise_xoz
    Experienced User

Yet another [problem with this software.  Same problem - with recent update 2024.7.0, build 2024.7.1.14  When will a fix be applied?

Simple invoice printing doesn't work.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Louise_xoz,

I understand that this can be frustrating when you can't print invoices. As per checking on our end, the issue with printing or emailing invoices during a locked period has already been resolved. If you have encountered issues with the latest update, let me know. I'll be more than happy to look it up for you.

Best regards,

Doreen