12 years ago
Open

Setup: Delete or Reverse option

Currently, transactions can only be reversed when the Preferences are set to "Transactions CAN'T be changed".  I would like to have the option to delete OR reverse in the Edit drop down list so that I don't have to continually change my preferences.

"Reverse Transactions Option"

18 Comments

• I agree it would be very useful to have the option of reverse OR delete for every transaction without having to go to preferences etc.   You essentially have this functionality now, but it involves multiple steps, so why not shortcut it.  Perhaps some user preferences could be established re prevailedges to reverse or delete.

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

afaik, you couldn't enter a negative spend money in V19 and prior, but in AR2012 you can; just tried it.

• Reverse is handy for entering bounced payments and credits/refunds in spend money transactions as you can not physically enter a minus spend money transaction. Ta
    Barkel
    Experienced Cover User

I always have transactions set to be deleted but when you have locked off the period you need to reverse so that GST adjustemnt shows in the current period and not affect the closed period.

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open
    Hi Donna, thanks for the feedback. What do others think? I'd be interested to know more about the scenarios where you want to switch from delete to reverse, what drives your decision to use one option vs the other?