GAHAC
Cover User
12 days ago
New

STP Reporting - RFBA's with FBT Reporting Year

The ATO website, as well as the PAYG payment summary – individual non-business clearly indicate, 

that for income year (1 July to 30 June) you report the values from FBT year (1 April to 31 March). 

The year-to-date verification report nicely extracts income year figures from 1 July to 30 June for your "Salary Sacrifice - other employee benefits" category, which is an ATO reporting category dedicated for Reportable Fringe Benefits (RFB), where it should be reporting figures from between 1 April to 31 March.

It would also be good if when completing the STP end of year reporting and enable RFBA's is selected, it provides an option to include employees that were terminated in ther prior financial year period 1 April to 30 June. To report the RFBA for these employees you currently have to fill out manual PAYG summaries.  

2 Comments

• Hi Gahac,

I just noticed that MYOB picked up the period 1 Jul - 30 Jun period instead of 1 April to 31 Mar period when looking at the end of year verification report. How do you overcome this to report the correct figures to ATO?

• Yes I agree; I'm having the same issue and have raised it with MYOB, but am yet to hear back from them